GUILLAUME LEPINE RETURNS TO PANTHERS
Date: Jun 18, 2018
Nottingham Panthers have confirmed that forward Evan Mosey won’t be returning to the club for the new campaign.
In a statement on the club’s website, the 29-year-old informed the organisation of his intention to move on, a season into a two-year deal.
And Panthers coach Rich Chernomaz admits he was disappointed at Mosey’s decision, but is moving on with their plans.
“Evan was very much in the club’s plans and at one point I was very hopeful that he was going to return,” he said.
“But these things happen in sport and we will get on with our planning and recruitment.”
Mosey first signed for the Panthers in 2014, where he stayed for two years before returning to North America for spells with AHL side Rockford Ice Hogs and Indy Fuel in the ECHL.
He returned to the UK last year and played a key part as Nottingham reached the last 16 of the Champions Hockey League and the PredictorBet Play-Off Finals weekend.
And, in a brief statement on Twitter, thanked everyone associated with Nottingham Panthers for his time there.
He said: “Want to thank Nottingham Panthers and fans for an amazing three years. It was a very hard decision but sometimes the bird needs to fly the nest.
“I wish the best of luck to the organisation in the future.”
PHOTO: Panthers Images