The best way to keep track of Elks Tournaments is by adding the app "Pointstreak Mobile" to your smart phone. Once downloaded, choose "hockey" and search "Thunder Bay Elks Hockey Association". Click the star to add it to favorites and your ready to go!!
Things to do ASAP!
1) Login to your account at http://www.elkshockey.pointstreaksites.com https://registration2.pointstreak.com/rfs2/pslogin.do?leagueNo=2600&season=3088 or use the link fount on the home page of
2) Confirm your schedule and review the rules set out below.
3) Enjoy the weekend!!
Except for the rules outlined below and any special circumstances confirmed prior to the tournament, this tournament will follow the rules set out by Hockey Canada including Hockey Canada and Hockey Northwestern Ontario suspensions.
Our computer program will determine standings for all divisions based on the following parameters:
a) Most Points
b) Most Wins
c) Head to Head (where applicable)
d) The largest number when calculating Goals For minus Goals Against
e) Online position in the standing is final except where a tie happens between play-off divisions; ie, Team could be in consolation or championship side, or, when the team is in or out of the play-offs. In these cases a coin toss between the two tied teams will determine the play-off position, but, ONLY IF REQUESTED IMMEDIATELY BY CALLING 807-630-5843. If no request is made then the online position will stand.
A three point system will be used. 3 points for a regulation time win, 2 points for an overtime or shoot-out win, and, one point for an overtime or shoot-out loss. All play-off games will have a 5 minute 3 on 3 overtime with changes occuring only during play (no changes on whistles). A 5 player shoot-out will follow any tied games after overtime in play-offs and after any regulation tied game in non-play-off rounds. After 5 players, the shoot-out becomes sudden death with no player shooting twice before everyone has had a turn. Any player in the penalty box at the time of the shoot-out can participate in the shoot-out but cannot be in the first 5 shooters.
Formats for the 2017 HNO Branch AA Tournament of Champions are:
1) For all divisions, Atom AA, Pee Wee AA, Bantam AA, and Midget AA:
2) Each team will play a four game round robin before the play-offs that happen on Sunday, January 29th
3) All divisions will see the top 4 teams advance to Sunday's play-offs where 1st plays 4th and 2nd plays 3rd in the semi-finals. The two winners will play in the Championship game.
4) The winners of the semi-finals (1st and 2nd overall as the standings keep updating) will advance to the finals.