Basic Skills - Must be at least 7 years of age
Balance, forward and backward skating, stopping, turning, and edges are all taught in the different levels of our Basic Skills Program. Progression through each of the Learn to Skate USA skill levels provides the basic skills necessary for more advanced skating disciplines such as figure skating and ice hockey.
Adult Basic Skills
Ice skating is for anyone at any age! Learn to Skate USA provides adults with the opportunity to build their skating skills in a class just for them! With beginner and advanced classes, the inner kid will come out in everyone!
- All classes run continuously throughout the year
- Group classes are divided into skill levels utilizing the Learn to Skate USA curriculum: Snow Plow Sam 1, 2, 3, 4; Basic 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- Helmets are required for Tot level skaters and strongly recommended for all skaters
- Gloves or mittens are required for all skaters
- No prior skating experience is necessary
- Additional information can be found online at baierlicecomplex.com
Learn to Play Hockey USA
Learn to Play Hockey is the "Next Step" after completing the Learn to Skate Program.
This program is for kids who want to be introduced to the sport of ice hockey.
The Hockey curriculum is designed to teach the fundamentals of hockey skating. Kids will also learn basic skills such as pushing a puck and stickhandling. Small area games and mini-hockey games at the end of each session make this a fun program for the kids.
Ages 4-7 years old