FAQ’S (last updated March 22, 2021)
- What is the status of the 2021 Brick Invitational?
- The 2021 tournament is currently scheduled for June 28th – July 4th
- Due to on-going concerns regarding Covid-19 including the ability of cross-border travel, the final decision to hold the tournament on these particular dates will be made no later than March 31, 2021
- In the likely event that we cancel June 28th – July 4th, the final decision to host the tournament this summer is expected to be made no later than April 30, 2021. Alternate dates would then be proposed for August, subject to availability and further easing of Covid-19 restrictions
- All reasonable efforts will be made to proceed with the tournament in 2021, subject to local health recommendations and the safety of all attendees. Additional complexities related to the age group of the participants and facility lay-out impact our decision however we are carefully considering all options and associated risk(s)
- What is the status of the ‘2020’ Brick Invitational?
- Subject to the key decision dates above, a 5 game round robin tournament plus play-offs is still planned June 23rd – June 25th 2021 for 2010 birth year players with hope that they do not miss-out on the Brick experience
- All 14 teams have committed to attend, subject to our ability to host the event and their ability to travel
- To provide a full tournament experience, a second arena will be required
- Will there be a change in tournament protocol in light of Covid-19?
- Focus is expected to center around rink protocols and would follow all recommended guidelines by Alberta Health Services and/or amateur sport programs
- More information will be provided as it becomes available
- Have the 2021 schedules been finalized?
- Yes, both tournament schedules are available on the website in pdf format, pending final decision dates. Please consider all schedules DRAFT until confirmation is provided
The Brick Invitational hockey committee is committed to hosting two consecutive tournaments in 2021 and we are proceeding accordingly. In the unfortunate event that the committee is required to make any decision that will impact currently scheduled tournament dates, it will be done in the best interest of all parties while respecting health guidelines and public safety protocols