WJCHL 2013-2014

If you have any questions or problems with the league statistics contact:
League Admin
use the links to the left to share this


Mount Forest beats Mitchell 6-5 after comeback scare

Mount Forest    Sat, Jan 18, 2014

The Mitchell Hawks tried their best to erase a two-goal deficit, but the Mount Forest Patriots would not be denied the victory and hung on to win, 6-5.

A goal by Luke Richardson put Mount Forest up 6-4 in the third period, but Mitchell pulled to within one on Ethen Adair's tally 14:19 into the third period.

With three goals and one assist between them, Trevor Hughson and Richardson teamed up to power the Patriots' offense. Hughson had two goals and one assist and Richardson also added one goal.

Mount Forest excelled on the penalty kill, not giving up a single goal in three chances. The Patriots forced the Hawks goalie Chris Wallace to work between the pipes, taking 43 shots.

Mount Forest additionally got points from Justin Graham, who also had one goal and one assist and Doug Costanzo, who also registered one goal and one assist. Mount Forest also got a goal from Mitch Betts as well. More assists for Mount Forest came via Nathan Woodard, Doug Ardis, John Nixon, Cody Wright, and Ben Davis, who contributed one a piece.

Mitchell's offense rang up 44 shots on Mount Forest's net. The Hawks' defensemen played an important role in the offense, chipping in two goals.

Mitchell was led by Matt Van DeWalle, who tallied two goals and one assist. Van DeWalle scored the first of his two goals at 4:08 into the first period to make the score 1-0 Mitchell. Van DeWalle's next tally made the score 4-4 with eight seconds left in the second period. Jerry Ennet provided the assist. Mitchell also got points from Ennet, who also had one goal and one assist. Jalen Aitcheson also scored for Mitchell. In addition, Mitchell received assists from Brent Rae, Eric MacPhee (AP), and Blake Pickering, who each chipped in one.

Nixon recorded 39 saves for the Patriots. Mount Forest incurred 14 minutes in penalty time with two minors. Wallace rejected 37 shots on goal for the Hawks. Mitchell incurred 10 minutes in penalty time with five minors. The Hawks ran into serious disciplinary problems during the contest, and Aitcheson was ejected from the game.