GOLDEN HAWKS DUO GOLDEN IN GOAL
Date: Oct 31, 2018
August 9, 2018, Mississauga, ON – The Ontario Junior Hockey League (OJHL) today released its 2018-19 regular season schedule, while also confirming dates for the annual Governors' Showcase.
The OJHL Board of Governors voted to change the league’s Conference alignment to North-West and South-East Conferences from South-West and North-East this spring. Schedules have been more heavily weighted to intra-division games to increase local rivalries.
The OJHL schedule consists of 594 games featuring 22 member clubs with inter-conference play continuing after being introduced beginning with the 2012-13 season.
Each club will once again play a 54-game (26 home, 26 away) regular schedule, and two games at the Governors’ Showcase.
The top four teams in each division will make the playoffs this season.
CLICK HERE for the full 2018-19 OJHL regular season schedule.
Following the success of hosting the annual Governors' Showcase in the U.S. the past three years, the Buffalo Jr. Sabres will once again host the event this year at the state-of-the-art HarborCenter in Buffalo, New York from September 24-26 2018.
Highlights of the 2018-19 schedule include:
• Opening night – Friday, September 7, 2018 – features the Wellington Dukes celebrating their 2017-18 Buckland Cup OJHL and Dudley-Hewitt Cup Central Canada championships. The Dukes host the Cobourg Cougars at the Essroc Arena in Wellington.
• Annual Governors' Showcase to be held in Buffalo, New York, for the fourth consecutive year, from September 24-26, 2018 at the HarborCenter
• The annual Eastern Canada Cup All-Star Challenge will be hosted in Trenton by the OJHL from November 12-14, 2018
• 2018 World Junior 'A' Challenge will be played from December 9-15, 2017 in Bonnyville, Alberta
• 2019 Dudley-Hewitt Cup, Central Canadian Junior 'A' Championship hosted by the Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) in Cochrane, ON from April 30-May 4, 2019
• 2019 RBC Cup, National Junior 'A' Championship hosted by the Brooks Bandits (AJHL) in Brooks, Alberta from May 11-19, 2019
About the OJHL – “League of Choice”
The Ontario Junior Hockey League is the largest Junior ‘A’ league operating under the auspices of the Canadian Junior Hockey League with 22 member clubs. A proud member of the Canadian Junior Hockey League and Ontario Hockey Association, the OJHL was originally named the Ontario Provincial Junior ‘A’ Hockey League and it was formed out of the Central Junior ‘B’ Hockey League in 1993-94. With a long and storied history of developing players for the next level, including U Sports, the NCAA, CHL, Minor Pro ranks and the NHL, the OJHL had more than 130 commitments in 2017-18, including 65 NCAA Division I scholarships.